Re: Emacs and Linting procmail code with tinypm.el v1.21

1997-10-23 10:40:55
On 23 Oct 1997 19:57:26 +0300, <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com> wrote:
| >                :0 fbw
| >                | mimencode -u -q
|
| Hmm, I think a filter should almost never have the 'i' flag.  The above
| recipe certainly shouldn't.
Sorry. Bad example. I mean "If there is no f flag in the receipe start
and if there is '|' then suggest i flag.". Should it also check. "AND
no formail in '|' action line". How's that?

Still doesn't make any sense IMHO. If it doesn't appear to write its
standard output anywhere and doesn't have an f flag, you might
consider this, but there will always be programs which do something
sensible without producing standard output which should definitely not
have an i flag in this situation (the MH rcvstore program comes to
mind as a good example).

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>