Emacs and Linting procmail code with tinypm.el v1.21

1997-10-23 05:42:07

        Hi,

        The Emacs Procmail lint package is now almost finished. I have
        run it on some of Alan's procmail library files and results
        look promising. If possible I'd like to hear comments how well
        the Lint performs for your receipes. Please send receipes where
        it failed or which should have triggered a message.

        You can get the latest update by sending
        email (remember that you have to have some tiny-tools modules from
        from ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa, prefer getting tgz kit.)

                To: jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com
                Subject send tinypm.el

        The statements that the Lint is able to correct and detect is
        in file pm-lint.rc. It should serve as reference for linting
        specifications.

                To: jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com
                Subject send pm-lint.rc

        I need your advice how for the following list questions.
        A sample receipe definition is below.

                :0 flags
                * condition
                | action

o       What does lonely "f" flag mean. Shouldn't it be better to force
        to say if h and/or b is wanted?

o       Is it possible to suggest w or W flag by looking at the action
        line? Right now anything that looks like ">" to put something into
        the file triggers suggesting "w" flag.

o       If formail -D is used; should it always have W flag?

o       Can Lint suggest "i" flag for receipe? Now, if there is no formail
        in the action line and "f" is used, then "i" is also suggested. Is this
        correct? Like below.

                :0 fbw