Re: Emacs TinyPm manual (Procmail mode & Lint features)

1997-11-07 04:23:38
On 05 Nov 1997 14:10:35 +0200, <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com> wrote:
| Also, I don't like the "standard order" for flags. Different
| people often use the flags in differing orders. There is no
| standard, either de-facto or documented.
It's about time and now there is :-) The decision is based on this
            :0[aAeE]f[hbHB][Dwi]c: LOCKFILE
               |    | |     |   |
               |    | |     |   (c)ontinue or (c)opy flag last.
               |    | |     Other flags
               |    | The header/body flags next
               |    (f)ilter flag to the left, before hb
               The 'process' flags first. Signify (A)ND or (e)rror
               receipe.
What flag order would be better than this?

Any one the user feels comfortable with. I wish you'd at least make
this check optional, and even disabled by default.

FWIW, you have left out r and W from this list entirely.

If you have to enforce an order, make it configurable, and make one of
the built-in user-selectable configurations the same order you get
when you say procmail -h

Does your lint grok this?

    FLAGS=BDi

    :0 $FLAGS
    * condition
    | filter

(Yes, I'll try it out one of these days myself ...)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>