Re: Emacs TinyPm manual (Procmail mode & Lint features)

1997-11-07 10:53:28
| Fri 97-11-07 era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> list.procmail
| the flags, this is the order they are in on the manual page and in the
| output of procmail -h.
|
| would like to have this as an alternative (i.e. listed the way they
| are in the documentation,

By popular demand....Included in v1.52. You can either choose
the standard 'procmail style (listed in the man page), or use
the 'logical style, as I named my proposal.

jari

tipm-:flag-order-style's value is logical

Documentation:
Choose the standard flag style.
When correcting and checking the flags, this varaible tells
what is the base value.

If 'procmail, then the flag order usd is same as in procmail -h and
manual pages, 3.11pre7:

  HBDAaEehbfcwWir

If any other value, then the `logical' flag style is used. Here the
flags are valued according to their priorities

  aAeEfhbHBDwWirc:
  |   | |  |    |
  |   | |  |    (c)ontinue or (c)opy flag last.
  |   | |  Other flags
  |   | The header/body flags next
  |   (f)ilter flag to the left, before hb
  The `process' flags first. Signify (a)ad or (e)rror
  receipe.

The idea is that the most important flags are put to the left, like
giving priority 1 for `aAeE', which affect the receipe immedately.
Priority 2 has been given to flag `f', which tells if receipe filters
somthing. Also (h)eader and (b)ody should immediately follow `f',
this is considered priority 3.

In the middle there are other flags, and last flag is `c', which kinda
ends the receipe, or allows it to continue.