user inst. procmail does not work

1997-12-03 16:47:02
Hi!

Maybe this is a FAQ. If, please forgive...

I've got problems getting procmail to run. It is installed localy.
Permissions set for my home directory are:

  -rw-------   1 pierre   staff         10 Dec  4 00:05 .forward
  -rw-------   1 pierre   staff        172 Nov 15 18:49 .newsrc
  -rw-------   1 pierre   staff        161 Dec  3 23:31 .procmailrc
  drwx------   4 pierre   staff        512 Dec  4 00:05 Mail/
  drwxr-xr-x   1 pierre   staff        512 Dec  4 00:00 bin/

Mail is delivered to /var/mail/pierre
forwarding works. My .procmailrc file looks like this:

  PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/home/pierre/bin
  MAILDIR=/home/pierre/Mail
  LOGFILE=/home/pierre/from

  :0:
  * ^TO_python-list
  python

  :0:
  * ^TO_dhcp-server
  dhcp

Procmail itself works too. I was able to sort mail with it using the
script provided in the manpage.

My .forward file is:

  !/home/pierre/bin/procmail
  \pierre

It seems as if procmail was never called by sendmail. Any clues why this
happens?

OS: Solaris 2.4

--
Thomas Schweikle (pierre)