DROPPRIVs for procmail from mailertable

1997-12-16 13:32:49

This might be a sendmail question instead of a procmail question,
but I don't know.

I have procmail invoked from a mailtable for a virtual domain.
Presently that runs as root, inherited from sendmail. I'd like to
have it run less privledged. I tried chown'ing the rc file to
the user I want used and setting "DROPPRIVS=yes". That didn't do
it. So I added "LOGNAME=user" and "USER=$LOGNAME" before the
DROPPRIVS assignment and that didn't work.

If I were designing a system, I would put the user-to-run-as
information in the mailertable, but AFAIK that is not what sendmail
does. So can I suid from a procmailrc?

procmail 3.10 (off the CD default, I'll be upgrading later)
sendmail 8.8.8 (wanted to use an 8.8.8-only antirelay ruleset so I
        upgraded already)

Elijah
------
from a new address, but still will discard multiple copies if CC'd