Re: Counting headers?

1998-03-10 12:07:13
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Brad Knowles wrote:

    Bad idea.  There are plenty of systems out there that will strip
"Received:" headers for mail that passes through them, most of them in a
misguided attempt to provide security (through obscurity).

True, but that's not seen very often.

    Also, if the mail message originates on a remote machine that is
capable of directly connecting to your primary MX (and does so), then
you'd *legitimately* have only two "Received:"  headers.

No, if it comes in to my primary MX, I'm looking for to dump a mail with
only one Received header.  If it goes to my _secondary_, then I'm looking
for one with only two.

    Now, if you could find some other signature of RFMS that you could
filter on, that sounds like a winner.

Doesn't look too promising.

--
Andrew O. Smith - <aos(_at_)insync(_dot_)net> | "Please allow me to present
Sysadmin, Insync Internet Services |  you with a clue."