Re: Counting headers?

1998-03-10 14:53:14
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Rik Kabel wrote:

The pity is that many of us are doing this after the message has been
accepted by our ISP. It would much nicer if it could be easily handled
by sendmail.  (Perhaps it can -- I don't do sendmail.)

It probably can, but the problem with using sendmail for filtering is the
global nature of the filters.  I keep a nice set of procmail filters for
my users who have chosen to use filtering.  A sendmail solution, while
probably a lot more machine and network friendly, requires that all users
accept the filtering, which is morally and legally questionable.

--
Andrew O. Smith - <aos(_at_)insync(_dot_)net> | "Please allow me to present
Sysadmin, Insync Internet Services |  you with a clue."