Re: The TO_ and "X-Rcpt-To:" field...

1998-03-26 03:20:41
On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Christopher Reggiardo wrote:

The recipt looks good but I wonder if a ".*" or a ".?" instead of a "*" in
the "*

What I'm using now, ``^X-Rcpt-To: *user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com'', means zero or
more blanks after the colon, right?  What you're suggesting, ``.*'',
would mean zero or more of anything after the colon and then that
would catch things like foouser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com, right?  So, I think
that
what I'm using now is what I want, but please correct me if I'm
confused.  Note that Best.com has set up the X-Rcpt-To header to
contain one and only one address (user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com) and nothing else
(e.g., no full name), so we don't need to worry about random text
showing up in this line.  And actually I could probably just use:

because there always seems to be exactly one space between the colon
and the address.

Otherwise, your recipes look small and clean and should work well provided
that
Best does not change anything (we are talking about computer systems after
all).

Thanks for your feedback,

Thank you for *your* feedback.

I'm still curious about these questions...

Questions to the list:  How does this X-Rcpt-To header differ from
the X-Envelope-To header?  Do many ISPs insert these headers (or
something similar) to help their users process mail?  Any suggestions
for my recipes above?

Thanks,

Nancy McGough    -*-    Infinite Ink    -*-    http://www.ii.com