Re: Lockfile on $DEFAULT?

1998-06-13 23:00:01
Paul O Bartlett wrote:
    I keep forgetting that the procmail list is different from *EVERY*
other list I subscribe to.  On *ALL* other lists I subscribe to, the
default behavior, at least with my mailer (Pine) and the headers that
the list servers stick in, is that automatic replies go back to the
list, and sending them to the originator is the step that takes extra
work.  That's what I was thinking of when I was trying to make less
work for other people (as well as ensuring that I did not get
duplicate copies unnecessarily).
  Here's my 2-step no-flame solution

Step 1, chnage the reply-to address when a mail from this list
gets to you.
:0 fhw
* !^Reply-To:(_dot_)procmail(_at_)Informatik\(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen\(_dot_)DE
  | formail -i "Reply-To: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE"

Step 2, have procmail dump the *PRIVATE* duplicate.  I don't
like the example in the manpages using formail and the message-Id
cache.  That one dumps the second copy that comes in.  99% of
the time, the private copy, going direct, gets to me before
the list copy, which has to detour via the list-server.  I want
the list-copy, so that if I reply to it, the reply goes to the
list.
:0: duplicate.lock
* (To|Cc):(_dot_)*procmail(_at_)Informatik\(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen\(_dot_)DE
duplicate

--
Walter Dnes (Toronto)
<waltdnes(_at_)interlog(_dot_)com>