Re: 3.11pre7 "Breaking" 3.10 Recipes

1998-07-16 11:12:08
Excerpts from mail: (15-Jul-98) Re: 3.11pre7 "Breaking" 3.10 Recipes by Paul O
Bartlett
Digex on my subdomain (Access) has been running mail and login
shells on different machines for quite some time.  However, on the
in-house newsgroup just today, somebody mentioned that the mail servers
for the Access subdomain upgraded sendmail to 8.8.x and that supposedly
this sendmail does not interact the same way with procmail.  I vaguely
remember something on the list a while back about sendmail 8.8 but did
not pay attention to it.

No, that was sendmail 8.9.0 with it's paranoid new security defaults, and, if
that was the problem, procmail would just stop working completely. It would
cause a problem with only two of your recipes. AFAIK, there is no problem
with procmail and sendmail 8.8.x.