Re: Suppressing processing of UU/BASE64 encoded attachments

1998-07-22 12:41:34
John Hardin wrote,

| So there would be four possible modes:
|
| 1) match original message, process/deliver original message
| 3) match original message, process/deliver forked message
| 4) match forked message, process/deliver forked message

As Philip said, we have those already.

| 2) match forked message, process/deliver original message

And that, too, can be done in either of the ways I posted earlier without a
change to the procmail binary.

| Plus "fork original message",
| "replace original message with forked message",
| and "discard forked message" commands/options.

All those things can be done now.  And we can also deliver both versions if
we want.  (I do that a lot, especially when I test new filtering recipes: I
save a copy first and then filter.)