Re: MIME bugs

1998-08-12 09:10:17
On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, D.A. Harris wrote:

Maybe the point of the note I saw was that there are numerous strcpy,
strcmp, and strcat's that exist in procmail's source, which might need
conversion to strncpy, etc, etc., so as to minimize potential future
buffer overflows.

Yes, that was the point. Procmail itself hasn't been audited for buffer
overflows, therefore *may* be vulnerable.

Is anybody here familiar with the source and willing to take a shot at
auditing it? I've heard that the source code is difficult to work with.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ
jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com