Re: Reviving procmail and SmartList

1998-10-10 07:20:35
This reply may not reach all the above lists... I'm only subscribed to
procmail(_at_)(_dot_)  Please reply to that list or to me personally as
appropriate.

At 05:18 PM 10/9/98 -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
I've been observing with interest the discussion generated on the
SmartList mailing list following my inquiry into the state of SmartList
development.  I had no idea what kind of a hornet's nest I was throwing
rocks at.

[snip]

I've set up a mailing list

      procmail-future(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com

for further discussion.

I've seen plenty of discussion of "where procmail ought to go" on the
procmail list itself, and for a few people rarely seen here to run off
into their own corner and try and change procmail for their own purposes
seems a bad idea to me.  (Less sure about smartlist--I've heard that list
is very quiet, but I don't subscribe.)

As a first contribution to this effort, here's an extremely simple bug fix
for the "multigram" program to address a problem that was mentioned on the
"Ongoing development" thread: