Re: Reviving procmail and SmartList

1998-10-12 00:10:26
|Fri 1998-10-09 Bart Schaefer <schaefer(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com> list.procmail
|
| It appears from the discussion that there is some interest in improving
| SmartList and getting procmail going again.  My employer, Zanshin,

Hi Bart, does

    Bob Glickstein <bobg(_at_)zanshin(_dot_)com>

Still work in Zanshin? I've sent him a patch to improve Emacs package
live-mode.el about a year ago and I never got a reply. Would you know
where can he be reached?

| The purpose of this list is to collect procmail and SmartList bug reports
| and patches, along with general wish-list items or other suggestions, to
| find out just what it would take to make SmartList worthwhile and to nudge
| procmail 3.11 out of the "pre7" state and into a real release.

I've collected some patch and improvement pointers to pm-tips.txt, See
X-info header for Mail Server and text version if this connection is too slow.

    ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/pm-tips.html#procmail_version_notes_features_and

jari

        22.0 Procmail version notes: features and bugs, patches, wish list
            22.1 Note: Procmail doesn't allow filing to multiple mboxes
            22.2 Note: No multiple swithes in SENDMAILFLAGS
            22.3 Note: TIMEOUT has its pecularities
            22.4 Note: Variable capture |= is unreliable
            22.5 Note: Forwarding with ! token and -t switch
            22.6 Note: procmail's Y2K compliance
            22.7 V3.10 regexps bug
            22.8 V3.10-3.11pre7: FROM_MAILER has changed
            22.9 V3.11pre5-pre6 are dangerous
            22.10 V3.11pre7 has different flag c handling
            22.11 V3.11pre7 and MATCH strips all leading blank lines in body
            22.12 V3.11pre7 has a MATCH bug
            22.13 V3.11pre7 has stingy-greedy MATCH bug
            22.14 Patch: limit what binaries can be executed by procmail
            22.15 Patch: correcting mailspoolhash
            22.16 Patch: formail -rtzxTo and tab character trouble
            22.17 Patch: Adding VERSION variable to procmail
            22.18 Patch:  Procmail to deliver mail to Qmail's Maildir format.
            22.19 Wish list of features for new procmail release