Re: vacation response

2000-04-19 00:29:36
On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 01:55:55AM -0500, Philip Guenther wrote:
|Sorry, I thought I saw that the recipe did that.  Just add another
|-I argument to the formail command:

|                | (formail -rI"Precedence: junk" \
|                    -I"Subject: Out of office" \
|                     -A"X-Loop: your(_at_)own(_dot_)mail(_dot_)address" ; \
|                   echo "I received your mail,"; \
|                   echo "but I won't be back until Monday."; \
|                   echo "-- "; cat $HOME/.signature \
|                  ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

This is my .procmailrc file:

SHELL=/bin/sh    # for other shells, this might need adjustment
LOGNAME=~ircd/procmail.log
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

0 Whc: vacation.lock
# Perform a quick check to see if the mail was addressed to us
* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
# Don't reply to daemons and mailinglists
* !^FROM_DAEMON
# Mail loops are evil
| formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache

:0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache
| (formail -rI"Precedence: junk" \
-I"Subject: Out of office" \
-A"X-Loop: ircd(_at_)reaper(_dot_)org" ; \
echo "I am currently out of town on vacation until 2nd May, after which"; \
echo "time I will respond to your e-mail.  I can be contacted on 082 xxxxxxx";
\
echo "should you need to reach me urgently.";\
echo "Thank you.";\
) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

OK, I added that and this is the error that I get :

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

  ircd(_at_)reaper(_dot_)org:

    generated | /usr/local/bin/procmail

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ | /usr/local/bin/procmail ------

procmail: Skipped "0 Whc: vacation.lock"

procmail: Skipped "* $^To:.*\<$\LOGNAME\>"

procmail: Skipped "* !^FROM_DAEMON"

procmail: Skipped "* !^X-Loop: ircd(_at_)reaper(_dot_)org"

procmail: Skipped "| formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache"

procmail: Skipped ""should you need to reach me urgently.";\"

procmail: Skipped ""Thank you.";\"

procmail: Skipped ") | $SENDMAIL -oi -t"

        id 12hoiZ-000LqV-00

        for ircd(_at_)reaper(_dot_)org; Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:16:11 +0200