Re: vacation response

2000-04-23 08:27:45
2000-04-22-17:43:04 Dallman Ross:
From: Bennett Todd <bet(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net>
* $^To:.*$LOGNAME

Would this not be better as follows?

  * $ ^TO$LOGNAME

Or, if not, would it be because the object is to restrict
the parse to mail actually sent to $LOGNAME and not cc'd, etc.?

An interesting question. There are certainly two sides to it.
Personally, I'd rather not send out as many vacation notes, and with
some less-clued users using massively long Cc lists for their
mailing lists I think I want to leave it the way it is. But perhaps
the assumption I'm making should be documented clearly.

* !^List-
* !^Mailing-List:

* !^X-.*-List:

That's a lot of "List" stuff that maybe could just be handled in one
line?  Certainly the last makes the third redundant, anyway.

Sorry, I'm missing something, I'm not seeing how any one of those
makes any other redundant. Could you please be more specific?

So how about something like:

  * ! List

and be done with it?

That's almost certainly to general. Maybe

would serve; it'd certainly catch the above four. Can anyone think
of anything it'd catch that I'd regret?

-Bennett