Re: vacation response

2000-04-20 13:03:31
2000-04-19-01:47:00 salvo:
I'm in a terrible hurry to get on vacation and I need an
autoresponder that will respond to email sent to me with.  I need
it to reply with a specific body and a specific subject.

I have one for you. I attach it, since it's been a while since I've
posted it to this list. The bulk of it is a big comment documenting
it, and a long list of rules that try with some success to recognize
many of the mailing list messages that fly about these days.

Mine doesn't set the Subject, but as others have said you just need
to add -I"Subject: Out of office" to the formail.

The big issue I tried to address with my vacation recipe is that
increasingly, whenever I send a message to a mailing list, I get a
pitter-patter of "out of office" vacation replies from various
subscribers to that list. I try and procmail filter them out of
existence, but every week it seems like some new moron has invented
a new way to make their company look really dumb.

So when one of my users demanded a vacation autoresponder for their
email, I cooked this up to try and avoid having my company be part
of this problem.

-Bennett