Re: rewriting both the From and Subject headers

2000-08-11 05:10:06
Hi,

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, help wrote:
this is the vulnerable one, isn't it?

I am setting up an autoresponder and I am having trouble changing
both the From and Subject header lines in the reply message. If I
delete even one of them in this recipe the other works fine. What
syntactical error is present? Thanks in advnace!

:0
* ^TOvarprogram(_at_)dodad(_dot_)net
|(formail -rt \
   -I"From: sales(_at_)dodad(_dot_)net" ;\
   -I"Subject: VAR Program Information Request" ;\
   cat /home2/www/replyfolder/reseller.txt) | /usr/lib/sendmail -t
AFAIK, the From: field is generated by sendmail. If you can use
sendmail's -f option you should be able to change the From: field.

nigge

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss or damage caused by relying on this information.

JN1821-RIPE
pgp-key fingerprint: B6A8 ED32 EFEF 3F43 6F9B 510D 7A90 7FDC 462A 1ABC