Re: procmail works on one user!

2000-08-11 11:42:43
Hello,

By the moment, I only use procmail with local users (e.g. friends of the
university).
If I see a mail to me, I can see on the log file that procmail process it.
But, if a anybody send me a mail, log file don't change! (and mail goes to
/var/spool/mail/is08139) (if I put DEFAULT to other file; the mail too
goes to /var/spool/mail/is08139)

Very strange.  What are the permissions on your .procmailrc file and
your home directory?
Is your home directory NFS-mounted from another machine?

cygnus:~>grep procmail /etc/sendmail.cf
Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qrmn9, S=10/30,
R=20/40,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u
cygnus:~>

?? I don't know.  Mine looks like this:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

it is sufficient?
Or in sendmail.cf we need more references to procmail?

I just built mine with

    FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl

in the "mc" file.

Sorry but I don't know sendmail.cf file :-(

And sorry too for my bad english; it's not my native language ;-)

Your English is quite understandable; don't worry about it.

cheers,

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.