Re: rewriting both the From and Subject headers

2000-08-11 05:18:08
That fixed it. Thank you!

----- Original Message -----
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)ripco(_dot_)com>
To: "help" <help(_at_)resell(_dot_)net>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: rewriting both the From and Subject headers

Someone known only as "help(_at_)resell(_dot_)net" asked,

| I am setting up an autoresponder and I am having trouble changing both
the
| From and Subject header lines in the reply message. If I delete even one
of
| them in this recipe the other works fine. What syntactical error is
| present?

| :0
| * ^TOvarprogram(_at_)dodad(_dot_)net
| |(formail -rt \
|    -I"From: sales(_at_)dodad(_dot_)net" ;\
|    -I"Subject: VAR Program Information Request" ;\
|    cat /home2/www/replyfolder/reseller.txt) | /usr/lib/sendmail -t

You have an extra semicolon.  The one after the new "From:" information
terminates the formail command, leaving -I"Subject: VAR Program
Information
Request" as a command on its own, which it isn't (and isn't supposed to
be).

Take out the semicolon after -I"From: sales(_at_)dodad(_dot_)net".