Re: DEFAULT=MAILDIR/mbox won't work

2000-09-07 01:09:06
On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Mike McNally wrote:

Gotcha.  Better to have support.  How about qmail?  Many folks prefer
it.  Are
people on this list familiar with qmail?  I will make the mta switch if
it looks
like I have problems in the mta.

You probably don't want qmail as right off it breaks bounce mail
processing in SmartList. Digests need their own special invocation
of qmail also to try and get delivery of the digests right. Also,
qmail puts your mailbox in your home directory like you are trying
to do now so you won't get away from that with qmail.

Postfix and Exim seem to be other popular Sendmail replacements.
Sendmail isn't suited for mailing list operation so you are wise
to be looking around.

--Paul T.

--
A little quote from Nader: "More Columbians die each year from American
cigarettes than Americans from Columbian cocaine. Imagine the Columbian