Re: DEFAULT=MAILDIR/mbox won't work

2000-09-08 16:59:20
On 2000-09-07 23:45 -0500, Mike McNally wrote:
Nope.  I created the .procmail in vim.  Viewing the log^M file in vim I
can see that procmail is looking for names ending in ^M:

but then vim'ing the .procmail.... well if I can see em in log^M, why
wouldn't I be able to see um in .procmail.

Proves nothing. Vim automagically detects DOS format files and
handles them accordingly ; among other things it does not
display "^M" for the CR at the end of a line. I guess that the
reason why you do see the ^M's in the log is that the latter is
a regular Unix text file, even if some of the lines contain a CR
*in the middle*.

If you have a backup of your original .procmail, load it in Vim
and watch carefully the status line: I bet there is "[dos
format]" printed after the name of the file...

--
André Majorel <amajorel(_at_)teaser(_dot_)fr>
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/