Re: DEFAULT=MAILDIR/mbox won't work

2000-09-07 23:39:38
At 23:45 2000-09-07 -0500, Mike McNally wrote:

but then vim'ing the .procmail.... well if I can see em in log^M, why
wouldn't I be able to see um in .procmail.  The problem is in the
handshaking between exim and procmail.

*PROCMAIL* is the program reading .procmailrc, and if procmail is seeing ^M's in there, it is because they ARE in there, not because of some handshaking issue with exim, which should be invoking procmail with the received message, nothing else.

  And by the way, I renamed the files name^M and opened up the

Did that include the ~/Mail directory, or just the files?

permissions to 777 and procmail still can't write to the directories.  I
will even do your sed script.  Go figure, it didn't work.

Let's see, if the directory WAS renamed above, then the procmail script won't work now, because it'd be looking for a directory WITHOUT a trailing ^M.

Your problem is no longer worth the already considerable investment of my personal time in trying to help you resolve it.

Go figure.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395