Re: DEFAULT=MAILDIR/mbox won't work

2000-09-07 18:24:58
I think we're on the same pg now;  thanks;  if this all looks ok I won't
bother you again as it is likely a exim problem as something simple
shouldn't be this hard.

I had to change the logfile to be sent to my home dir as procmail could
not access my Mail.  I knew procmail had stuck log files in ~, so I made
that change, & read the log, and it said:

procmail: [949] Thu Sep 7 timedate
procmail: skipped "^M"
procmail: no match on "matchstring^M"   don't care yet about this
procmail: skipped "^M"
procmail: locking "^M"
procmail: assigning "lastfolder=/home/mike/Mail^M/mbox^M"
procmail: error while writing to "/home/mike/Mail^M/mbox^M"

Changed my Mail Mail/mbox dirs to have the same permissions & owner as
my home dir since procmail can access my home dir.... drwx--s--x
and it didn't help.  Are the ^M's a problem?  I didn't put any ^M's in
the .procmailrc.

Can I change the match rule to

:0:
* ^*                            #or * ^[        ]*
$MAILDIR/mbox

So that I can at least see it move msgs to a collecting dir.  I can
refine the matching later.  I'll try both.

and in case you need it; the rest of the log message

procmail: unlocking "^M"
procmail: locking "/var/spool/mail/mike.lock"
procmail: assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/spool/mail/mike"
procmail: opening "/var/spool/mail/mike"
procmail: acquiring kernek-lock
procmail: unlocking "/var/spool/mail/mike.lock
From bob(_at_)p120(_dot_)home yada yada
        subj yada
        folder /var/spool/mail/mike
procmail: notified comsat yada yada