Re: procmail problem...

2000-12-06 15:31:01
Well it's not that I'm unwilling to look at the conf file, it's just not
likely to do any good. I just set sendmail up for myself (other than
local delivery only) for the first time a couple of months ago. I'm
anything *but* an expert. I was just taking a flyer that maybe that was
the problem.

FWIW, there's nothing that sticks out in the m4 stuff below. Except...
I have both the procmail mailer defined, i.e. MAILER(`procmail') and
FEATURE(`local_procmail'). You seem to have the local_procmail feature
without the mailer. Seems to me you'd have to have the mailer to use the
feature (although the documentation does say the feature needs to be
listed first). But, again I'm no expert. Also, local_procmail uses
LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS not PROCMAIL_MAILER_FLAGS. You don't have either from
what you've shown here, but the default LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS according to
the docs are "mail -d $u". Mine says "define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS',
`procmail -a $h -d $u'). So a slightly-educated guess is you're never
getting to procmail. But I'm ready for anyone to tell me how little I
really know.

Of course, it's also possible that these "missing" definitions are
included from another m4 file, and not the one you've shown. My
procmail mailer definition and local_procmail feature come from two
different m4 files.

Is the "Operating System Error" error in the system log or procmail
log. I'd try setting LOG="something,anything" at the top of your
first procmail rc file, send a test message, and check the procmail log
to see if it's even being invoked.

Hope something here might help.

Don