Re: check filtered stream but deliver unfiltered

2001-12-05 12:04:01
On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 10:40 2001-12-05 -0500, Richard G. Ball wrote:
In one of those spam checks I run the body of the message though an
html->text filter but the message I want to deliver is the unfiltered
body.

:0
* some condition
{
         SOMEVARIABLE=|yourscript
}

That'll send both the headers and the body of the message through
"yourscript", in addition to the problem of storing an entire copy of the
message in a variable.  Better:

:0
* some condition
{
 :0 B
 * ? yourscript
 someaction
}

This does mean that "yourscript" has to be careful to exit 0 (zero) on
success and nonzero on failure.  Also note that if "somaction" is to
deliver the message to a file, you probably need ":0 B:" for locking.