Re: check filtered stream but deliver unfiltered

2001-12-05 18:41:33
At 10:57 2001-12-05 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
That'll send both the headers and the body of the message through
"yourscript", in addition to the problem of storing an entire copy of the
message in a variable.  Better:

Yo! Bart, pleaes read the original request - the requestor isn't asking to simply run a script and trigger on the return value of the result - he wants to _TRANSFORM_ the message (in the cited example, converting it from HTML to plaintext), then perform further operations/tests on the TRANSFORMED copy, but still eventially deliver the ORIGINAL, UNTRANSFORMED version. A simple 'c' flag won't do what he wants, and your suggestion does _zilch_ for allowing him to process the transformed message using procmail.