Does procmailrc affect mail in AND out of server?

2002-01-31 17:13:01
I've tried to search for an answer to this question but I think it's
just too basic.

Does the procmailrc act on mail being *sent* by the SMTP program on my
server?

I'm a procmail newbie but a kind mentor helped me set up virus
filtering on my RaQ4. This is designed to stop emails with undesirable
attachments and also to stop Sircam by looking for patterns in the
body of the email. It's proved to work well for a few months.

One of my users got Sircam today (God knows how, probably on a disk)
and it sent out loads of infected emails. Can procmailrc help me stop
this happening?

Thanks

--
Eddie Bishop