Re: Cannot get recipies to work properly

2002-02-10 13:56:52
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, David W. Tamkin wrote:

There were entries for some spam messages in there: some were caught by your
recipes and trashed to /dev/null, while others were not identified by them
and got into $DEFAULT.

David,

  Wow! I totall missed those from yahoo.com (and one or two others to
"undisclosed recipients") every time I scanned the logs. This time, I
searched for "/dev/null" and saw them. Thank you for pointing them out to
me.

Are you saying that you get yet other spam, for which there are no logfile
entries at all, and it goes to your inbox?

  Yes, this is what I am saying.

 Perhaps there is something above your INCLUDERC call to recipes.rc,
something even before you define a LOGFILE, that is delivering them.
Otherwise, there is the possibility that procmail is not always getting
invoked.

Try defining the logfile at the very start of your main rcfile and set
LOGABSTRACT=all.

  The first two lines of ~/.procmailrc are
VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all

  You've identified the problem exactly: other known spammer domains are
defined just as the yahoo.com domain is defined, but procmail is not
processing them through the recipe file.

  I've just added explicit instructions to each recipe to look in the
header. I'll see tomorrow morning if that makes any difference.

Many thanks!

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) |
rshepard(_at_)appl-ecosys(_dot_)com
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com