Re: Suggestion for Enhancement; B, H, ... and D

2002-02-17 11:56:24
David W. Tamkin a écrit, dimanche 17 février 2002, à 11:00 :
[...]
Sorry for misunderstanding, Jacques.

Sorry for terseness, David.

As you  said « there  has been no  reason to escape a  d », I  wanted to
point out  that the sequence "\d"  could exist in rcfiles,  and then the
new syntax  will confuse the  *user*.  Meta-parsing names  sounds rather
silly, but...

I understand  that the  variable name should  be substituted  first, and
must be to  ensure compatibility anyway ; but I  think that the embedded
\D and \d syntax is rather  obfuscated and confusing ; as Bart said, the
flag is `i' in other syntaxes... and is global for the regexp.

--
Jacques L'helgoualc'h