Re: procmail repeating messages

2002-02-26 06:06:29
"Mike Loiterman" <mike(_at_)ascendency(_dot_)net> writes:
<procmail log elided>
Everything appears normal...I think?

Yep.

Also- I should mention that I only get the duplicate emails when using
outlook as my MUA.  When I look on the server there is only one copy.

Yeah, that's kinda of critical information.  Are you using pop or imap?
Exactly which server are you using (e.g., "imapd from U-W imap-2000c")?

It sounds like there's some sort of disagreement between the server
and procmail.  How are you generating the empty message?

If you send an empty message like you have been, as well as a message
with just a single letter in the Subject: (but is still delivered to
your spool by procmail), and then look at your spool file from the UNIX
shell using "less" or an editor, what difference do you see between them?
If at that point you check your mail with Outlook and then look at the
spool again from the shell, what do you see?

Philip Guenther