Re: procmail repeating messages

2002-02-26 12:52:27
At 07:01 2002-02-26 -0600, Philip Guenther did say:
>Also- I should mention that I only get the duplicate emails when using
>outlook as my MUA.  When I look on the server there is only one copy.

Yeah, that's kinda of critical information.  Are you using pop or imap?
Exactly which server are you using (e.g., "imapd from U-W imap-2000c")?

Agreed - very critical, because what's happening is that the MUA simply isn't _deleting_ the message from the mailbox for some reason, not that procmail is stuffing multiple copies in there.

Enable procmail, send a blank message. Disable it, send another blank message. Then copy your mail spool and examine the two messages.

shell using "less" or an editor, what difference do you see between them?
If at that point you check your mail with Outlook and then look at the
spool again from the shell, what do you see?

Further, what does the spool behave differently if you send your messages then read them with a local MUA (pine/elm/etc) - leave them in the spool, just read them first. A) does the local MUA see anything weird, or does it, as expected see only one message per actual message? B) Does your OutBreak MUA behave differently with these externally read messages?