Re: About HTML email recipe in pm-tips

2002-05-11 15:24:48
On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 01:28:34PM -0700, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:
:0bf:testfile.html$LOCKEXT
* ^Content-Type:[       ]*text/html
| cat - > lynxfile.html ; lynx -dump lynxfile.html ; rm lynxfile.html

(lynx doesn't take piped input, so you need to put it into a file -
furthermore, lynx expects an .html type filename extension or it won't parse
it as HTML).

That may have been true for older versions of lynx, but is not correct today.

| lynx -dump -stdin -force_html

Arguably, if you're overwriting the temp file with the cat operation, you
don't absolutely have to delete it at the end.

You've also got a potential race condidtion, which may or may not be an issue
in your environment.

--
Andrew Edelstein                 -              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
Replies sent back to the list are more effective, as the discussion remains in
front of the eyes of the rest of the list.