Re: reprocessing an mbox of mail already received

2002-05-13 19:01:21
On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 07:04:59AM -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:
So tell me, Mr. Edelstein, exactly what is the advantage of "cat one-file |
process" that makes up for its comparative inefficiency?  "The disadvantage is
small" is a point worth making only when the advantage is greater, not when
the advantage is nonexistent.  Additionally, doing it when the disadvantage is
small reinforces a bad habit, and telling others to do it fosters a bad habit
in them.

Someone piss in your cereal this morning, David? I dind't say "The
disadvantage is small", I said the difference in efficiency in a one-off
command line wasn't worth worrying about too much.

You have no counterargument here.

What, you're making my decisions for me now?
My counterargument is that I don't get my panties in a wad because someone
proposes a solution that doesn't agree 100% with mine.

--
Andrew Edelstein                 -              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
Replies sent back to the list are more effective, as the discussion remains in
front of the eyes of the rest of the list.