Re: formail problem with leading comma in subject

2002-05-13 16:27:18
Sean suggested to Justin,

| I'm guessing if it's an issue with anything, it it an issue with your MTA.

I'm guessing it's an issue with the receiving MTA at the forwarding address
that barfs on mail where the subject begins with a comma (the other forwarding
address has no problem with it, if I understood Justin correctly).  Another
possibility is that the sender of these messages isn't putting a real ASCII 44
comma there but rather some 8-bit character that looks like a comma, and then
either the receiving MTA is choking on a high-bit character, treating it as
the end of the headers, or some intermediate transport is converting it to a
newline and splitting the head before the destination address receives it.