Re: setting "mail from;"

2002-05-21 21:25:20
At 20:29 2002-05-21 -0700, Bill Moseley did say:

Now, I want to forward on message sent to admin(_at_)foo(_dot_)com to one
person (on
another domain),  webmaster(_at_)foo(_dot_)com to someone else, and so on.
Basically,
create mail aliases.[1]

You're better off using the sendmail virtusertable feature.

The problem is bounces.  If moseley(_at_)hank(_dot_)org is a bad address the
bounce
comes back to "foo" on this machine, not back to the *original* sender.

Set X-Envelope-From in pretty much the same manner as you're setting X-Envelope-To:. use that address (and all it'll be is an address). Note that X-Envelope-To: has issues when the message has multiple local recipients...

Procmail is an LDA, not an MTA, and what you're trying to accomplish is best done at the MTA - and is easily accomplished there anyway.

The reason I'm using procmail for this is the web site for this domain is
hosted at he.net, but he.net's mail setup is a bit hosed.

MX and web don't have to be at the same location. Have the DNS zone admin change the DNS to reflect your host as the MX for the domain directly.