Re: setting "mail from;"

2002-05-22 06:12:55
At 09:18 PM 05/21/02 -0700, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 20:29 2002-05-21 -0700, Bill Moseley did say:

Now, I want to forward on message sent to admin(_at_)foo(_dot_)com to one
person (on
another domain),  webmaster(_at_)foo(_dot_)com to someone else, and so on.
Basically,
create mail aliases.[1]

You're better off using the sendmail virtusertable feature.

Ok, I agree with that.

The current system is setup to automatically update the .procmailrc file.
.procmailrc is nice in that the user "foo" has permission to do this.

This is a bit off topic, but any suggestions how to best setup to allow
user "foo" to rewrite the virtuseratble, rebuild the hash and restart
sendmail?

MX and web don't have to be at the same location.  Have the DNS zone admin
change the DNS to reflect your host as the MX for the domain directly.

That's how it is setup, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley(_at_)hank(_dot_)org