RE: Sending emails with attachments

2002-05-24 02:09:31
Wow, thanks for the response everyone.

Based on the clues I got here, I found a pretty good page through Google which
summarises the options pretty well (plus example scripts)

Just posting it here so that it is in the archives for anyone else who is
interested:

http://www3.primushost.com/~kylet/unix-att.html

[FWIW: Those who suggested posting the URL instead. Thanks for the idea, the
point of the autoresponder is to send weather charts to ordinary users via a
rather slow Iridium connection.  The idea is that they missed the last forcast
on their weather fax system and at $1.50 a minute they can't afford to navigate
to http://weather.noaa.gov and find the file manually, so instead they email
the auto-responder and just wait for it to arrive.  Typically at this point
they will be standing on the deck of a boat (tipped over at 30 degrees) in a
full gale, dressed in oil-skins, holding the Iridium phone in one hand and the
laptop in the other hand, and trying to hold the phone high enough to get a
good signal....  I think you get the idea..!]

Cheers all,

Ed W