Re: Sending emails with attachments

2002-05-23 11:58:08
----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Wildgoose" <Edward(_dot_)Wildgoose(_at_)FRMHedge(_dot_)com>
To: <procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 12:08 PM
Subject: Sending emails with attachments

I would be grateful for any pointers to either:

a) quick way to generate the message body ready for piping
directly
to sendmail

b) demo script for using mailto or similar

I am running on Linux and I am aware of the mailto program, but not sure
how to incorporate it into a procmail script.

Get yourself a prog like "mpack". I use it within cron to send me logs and
stuff. You could do something like this:

/usr/local/bin/mpack -m 0 -s "my subject" /path/to/file.tiff
me(_at_)my(_dot_)address

Works like a charm. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org