Re: [procmail] Procmail log intelligibility

2002-05-30 04:04:38
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Nancy McGough wrote:

On 30 May 2002 Ruud H.G. van Tol (rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl) wrote:

Nancy McGough skribis:
[...]
The moment after I sent my message I saw a collision in my log
file! So now I want to update my Quick Start troubleshooting
section and tell people how to prevent that. It seems like using
a global LOCKFILE would be a pain on the system since messages
would then be processed in series rather than in parallel
(right?). What is the best way to do this (i.e., the least
resource intensive)?

Thanks,
Nancy

        Yes, in my system, global LOCKFILE is a luxury!  In normal day
        the collisions are not bother me.  In emergency or in case of
        debugging, well...

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/$LOGNAME

        To get the whole picture (or build one logfile):

ls -tr | xargs cat | less

        The "-tr" sort the files be date, but, the logfile inside
        keeps the orig order!!!  (:-(
        (by the way, gnu's tail(1) knows who to "-f" multi files)

Bye,
 Udi