Re: mail filtering doesn't work

2002-12-04 07:04:28
On 4 Dec 2002 Stelios Asmargianakis (admin(_at_)climbincrete(_dot_)com) wrote:

a more detailed description of the problem...
I have a web hosting account into a company.My username is climbinc and
for this email (climbinc(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com) the filters are working
fine.Through my hosting account i have add several mail accounts such
for example stelios(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com(_dot_) For all this "extra"
accounts the mail
filters doesn't work.
I am telling again that i don't have root access to the server.Is it
possible to do anything through my ~/.procmailrc ?

Thanks for the update on your situation Stelios. Whether you'll
be able to set up Procmail to filter the other (non-primary)
user mail depends on what MTA your host is using and how they
have configured things. Some providers set things up in a way
that it's not possible to do this. For example, at DreamHost.com
it's not possible and that is one of the reasons that I removed
the thumb-up icon I used to have next to them on my IMAP page
(listed in my sig).  At other providers, for example, Verio and
Pair, it is possible.  You need to ask your provider or in a
discussion group devoted to discussion among users of that
provider.

Good luck,
Nancy

--