Re: Searching for single word

2002-12-30 11:25:42
Are you using the procmail
:0 B
for body only?

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Mike Chambers wrote:

I am trying to create a rule that will search the body of an email and
look for a particular word (FOO).

here is what i have thus far:

* ()\<\/(FOO)\>

i also have:

 *(foo|FOO)*

neither of them work. The second catches everything. I have searched the
archives for a solution, and found the first one, but it isn't working
for me either.

So:

1. does anyone see anything wrong with either of my rules above?

2. does anyone have any suggestions?

I assuming that the above rules search the entire email. How do I limit
it to the Body? What about the body and subject (just us an | (or))?

I am just learning regular expressions, so I am sure I have done
something wrong.

I appreciate any input...

mike c