Re: generic matching for mailing lists...

2003-01-13 12:52:30
At 08:18 2003-01-13 -0800, jonathon wrote:

]>Use a sandbox, start by testing using a small saved mailbox, and when

        Didn't use a sandbox.

Perhaps you should.

]>script isn't running on live mail, and it isn't sending anything out (if

        Did use live mail.

Perhaps you shouldn't.

WRT writing mail filters, perhaps the worst thing you can do is toss some first draft of a filter in on you primary mail stream and "see what it does".

A chemist experimenting with a new formula doesn't do it in a large batch, and doesn't subject the public to it: they do it in a small controlled test.