Re: New Procmail Recipe Forum at UNIX.COM for the Procmail Community

2003-02-15 18:48:02
On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

PSE> At 14:21 2003-02-15 -0500, Tim Bass did say:
PSE> >One of the biggest problems on the Internet today is spam and one of the
PSE> >best tools that is available on all UNIX and LINUX favors to fight spam is
PSE> >PROCMAIL.
PSE>

PSE> count).  I'm sure you didn't mean to spam the procmail list, but to those
PSE> who fight spam on a regular basis, your message strongly resembles spam.
PSE>
PSE> It is amazing that some people fail to recognize this in their enthusiasm
PSE> to spread the word about a new endeavour.

It was the style of the prose that sets the alarm bells ringing.  Then you
see that you have to register - so what is it they are really trying to
sell?  I just dismissed it as spam at that point.

From the guy's response to your reply, it was obvious that he felt he
couldn't be told he'd made a faux pas and that has put me off completely.

... later

the essay in his next post is not helping to sell himself to me - my
attention span is too short for long, off-topic rants.  Oops, I guilty of
it myself now.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder - the
  current pass-through address is alan+1@  )