Re: delivery notification on client?

2003-04-09 00:44:59
On 9 Apr 2003 Jim Correia (jim(_dot_)correia(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com) wrote:

How do people normally deal the situation of getting notification on
the MUA machine that mail has been delivered to an arbitrary mail
folder on the server? (Check by hand? Use a client that polls all
folders? Some other solution?)

What I do is have an ssh window open with 'tail -f pmlog' running
in it. I discuss this and a bunch of other ways to track incoming
messages in this section of my Procmail Quick Start:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/#track>

I'm always looking for more tracking tools so please let me know
about others and I'll add them to my page.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Nancy

--