Re: delivery notification on client?

2003-04-10 20:04:56
Andrew Edelstein wrote:

Every IMAP client I've ever used would check any folder/s I want for new mail.
All you have to do is tell your MUA to "subscribe" to the folders you want
checked.

It takes a lot of cycles and connections to check every single folder, even if your client goes through them automatically. If you have only three or four folders, going through them all is no trouble. If you have twenty-odd, it helps to know which have new mail and which do not, so that the client can skip those that have none. It takes much less time for me to delete the notifications and check five folders manually than to wait while the MUA goes through thirty folders, twenty-five of them for nothing.