Re: Auto reply?

2003-04-28 17:43:11
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 the voices made Alan Clifford write:

AC> On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, LuKreme wrote:

AC> L> No, it doesn't.  For example, I may have sent you a private reply to
AC> L> your question.  If I got back a "prove you love me" request, I'd junk
AC> L> it an you'd never see the reply I sent.

AC> That's OK with me.
AC>
AC> After all, I have set the reply-to to the list address and, if you really
AC> must send a personal email, I have provided a to:  address below that
AC> would by-pass the the autoresponder and put you in my whitelist.  If that
AC> is too difficult for an unsolicited email sender, then so be it.

 That's just it, he didn't mean "unsolicited"... You know how to set up such a
thing, but most people will set it up and then go on asking questions on
mailinglists without setting correct reply-to's and/or forgetting to whitelist
the mailinglist.

 Last week I tried to help someone, just to get an autoreply saying that I had
to verify my address before he'd read the help he'd asked for...

--