Re: Some date checking code.

2003-05-13 16:41:12
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 03:29:23PM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:

Dallman Ross wrote:

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 06:58:26PM -0600, Daryle A. Tilroe wrote:

Also, some mailers do prepend a leading zero; so your
case of 1[4-9]|[2-9] will fail in that situation.

What do you mean here?  Something like '-01100'?  That
should be solved with a leading '0?' but have you
seen this in real life?

No.  I mean -0600, just as in your TZ above.  But forget it,
and sorry: I was confusing myself with a memory of days having
leading zeros sometimes, as in "May 09" rather than "May  9".

I give six hours for delivery.  At that point in my rc, the
whitelists are over, so what's left was iffy to begin with.

I could probably tighten this up a bit too but generally I believe
MTAs have timeouts approaching 3 days.  If if there are mail
interuptions I would not want to tag a pile of legit mail as spam
merely because it was a few days late.

Yes, and I suppose part of the calculus is how dependable your
ISP's mail server and uptime are.  Mine are stellar, so maybe
once or twice a year there are problems leading to a few hours'
delay.

--
dman