Re: Some date checking code.

2003-05-14 22:11:04
Dallman Ross wrote:
Well according to an April 2001 copy I just read they are obsolete.

"Obsolete," or deprecated, yes.  Illegitimate, no.  There is a
difference!

Yes, yes.  I concede.  I actually conceded earlier given the
recipe I posted.

Of course I just got my first false positive that had 'MDT' only :-).
Anyhow as I read it this should be the final solution (yeah right
:-):

:0 H
* !^Date.*+1300( |$)
* !^Date.*(([+-](1[12]|0?[0-9])[03]0)|([PMCEA][DS]|GM|U)T|UTC)( |$)

We have been trying to tell you: If you leave the `H' in, the
known procmail bug will come back and bite you!  Later you will
have, or one day develop, a recipe with `B', and you'll wonder
why it doesn't work right and also contains the headers.

I understood that that bug was in earlier versions of procmail;
not the latest which I am running.  If it is indeed still a
bug I would, of course, agree that it is a bad idea.

Also, I don't know why you don't keep the anchoring colon after
^Date.  You might get a bad hit one day, without it, on something
like "Date-Munge-Notification:" or some such nonsense.

Point well taken.  I normally do that (e.g. with "From:", etc.)
and likely just dropped it accidentally.

 LOG="Weight adjusted for phoney timezone: $WEIGHT $NL"

Uh, it's spelled "phony."

Un, it sort of depends where you are from and if you speak
English or United States of American.  ;-)

http://www.bartleby.com/68/86/4586.html
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=phoney

--
Daryle A. Tilroe